Friday, February 25, 2011

What does your 2 year old do while your in the shower?

I don't wash my hair everyday so most days I can shower in 3 min flat. As most mothers of young children know this is necessary when your kids are running around unsupervised. Lately Conner has gotten himself into a lot of trouble during those short 3 min.

No room is safe from him. Last week in the kitchen he pushed a chair up to the sink and turned it on, flooding the kitchen. Another day he pushed a chair up to the cupboard and broke a glass, luckily he wasn't hurt. And the cookies are never safe from him. No room is safe actually. If i let him in my room he will dump out the hampers and use those to climb on to play with the TV and DVD player. Or he will take out every DVD from its case and every DVD paper from the cover. We've had to replace a lot of DVDs. So you would think the best option is in the bathroom with me where I can keep an eye on him. This room is not so safe either. He would eat an entire tube of toothpaste if I let him. Most days his favorite is to take a swim in the toilet with his good friends plunger and toilet bowl brush. Put my makeup on, dump out Tim's aftershave and cologne. Open the doors to the shower and throw things in there with me, or get in himself, fully clothed. You'd think this was different occasions, but you would be wrong. This kid is fast! Its usually 90% of this stuff every time.

I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and wake up earlier and shower before Tim leaves.

Here are some pictures of what he did today. Luckily only one DVD was broken.



2 comments:

Haylee said...

thats too funny! one thing i did with our simliar dvd problem was buy a dvd case. We put all the dvds in there and put it high on the self. So the cases are empty and at Tristan's level. Hope things don't get worse:)

Cassidy and Nicole Anderson said...

Oh my gosh Britt I was dying reading this!!! I take my shower and baths for granted :( But if it makes you feel better I have a 31 yr old that does the same thing!!! Ha!! See u soon!!!