Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day



I cant believe that this mothers day I can actually celebrate as a mother myself. Motherhood is defiantly not something that came or comes easily to me, I've had a hard time giving up my independence. A lot of times as a mom you feel like you dont have your own life, rather I just live in Conner's life, doing whatever he wants. I dont think anyone really knows the sacrifice and hard work that comes with being a mother until you become one yourself. But being a Mother is the most rewarding job you can ever have! The lessons that Conner has already taught me in such a short time are priceless. Conner has taught me unconditional love and patience, he has made me want to become a better person, someone that he can be proud to say is his mom. Becoming a mother makes you respect yours even more. I have so many great examples of Mothers around me, my own mom, my mother-in-law, my sister, my sister-in-laws, my friends, and the future mothers in my life. I look to all of you for examples of how I want to raise my children. Being a mom is a scary thing, we are the the number one example in our children's lives, they spend more time with us than anyone else. We have a huge impact on who they become and how they live their lives. I hope that I can raise Conner to become someone who is respected and is respectful to everyone that he meets. I hope my mom knows how much I love her! Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers and future mothers out there!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

that is still so crazy that your a mom! but that is so fun too though:) ya i think that same thing about the swine flu. or millions of people get aids but no one wears condoms. it kinda wierd if you ask me!

Unknown said...

You are a great mom britt! i love you and miss you guys!

Munchkin said...

After you said I needed a recipe Blog I have done it.Go and check out my recipe Blog you can link it from my regular bnskilog

Cassidy and Nicole Anderson said...

I miss you! The salon is not the same. How is Florida? Is it hard to be away from family? When will you be back to visit?